Name: Amon-Ra St. Brown
Size: 6’1 / 195 lbs.
I rate all WRs on a 1- 10 scale. Here’s how I rated him on the following:
RAC Ability Overall: 9
Routes Overall: 9 (Especially in zone coverage)
Passion (Fight in the Dawg): 9
Contested Catch Ability: 8
Route Tree Capability: 8.5
Line of Scrimmage: 5
I also tallied the following:
*Just from what I saw. These aren’t official stats in any way.
Games Watched: 4
Successful Contested Grabs: 12
Broken Tackles: 4
Successful Spin Moves: 2
Successful Jukes: 7
Routes Won: 51
Fumbles (Fumbles not lost count here): 0
WR2 upside in PPR
2018: 60 Rec/ 750 Yards/ 3 TDs
2019: 77 Rec/ 1,042 Yards/ 6 TDs
2020: 40 Rec/ 478 Yards/ 7 TDs ***Only 6 games played
- A true slot WR
- Lacks elite speed. Can get run down by safeties and CBs
- Sits down in zones very well. Reads zone coverage great
- No problem beating bracketed coverages in the slot
- He can take snaps at RB and take handoffs, jet sweeps, etc.
- Very aware and savvy in the scramble drills
- In the ND game (2019) he won the initial route and looked back to see his QB struggling. CB caught up and he won a second time in the scramble drill making a beautiful over the shoulder grab and a nice toe-tap to boot. – Ignited team on sidelines
- Good effort in blocks in the run game – uses good angles
- Good blocker in the screen game
- Stretches the seam very well
- He did play a little more outside in 2020 after Pittman left, but with his lack of elite speed, I still think the slot is the best fit for him
- He returns punts
- Great in RAC in the screen game
- After the catch he turns into a scatback with an attitude
He is valued at about the WR10 range in rookie drafts. That’s about right where I have him. Maybe just inside the top 10 at WR. If he slips past 2.1 in 10 team leagues, I am pulling the trigger. Lack of elite speed is the only real knock on him. If he goes to a team that doesn’t have a need at slot WR, I’m out. If he goes to a good offense and is utilized correctly, he’s a steal in the second. He can become a top-end WR2 and will have very big booms.
Feel free to comment on my Twitter page if you see something I missed or whether you agree with my assessment.